As part of our school to school work we had visitors early this week from St Martins School, John Frost and representatives from our regional consortium (EAS). I wanted to provide you with some of the very positive feedback from the day. During their visit they went into over 14 lessons, spoke with pupils and staff and observed pupils during changeover of lessons and break time. The feedback was very positive and included
- Pupils were not afraid to make mistakes and there was a good system of pupil / teacher support
- Pupils of all abilities were very articulate with their responses when asked questions in class and by our visitors.
- Good levels of pupil independence in learning was seen
- Teachers were prepared to take risks in lessons
- Strong relationships formed between pupils and teachers
- Pupil behaviour was very good in lessons and around the school.
- Lots of meaningful work in the books.
- Positive response from the pupils regarding tutor time and the consistency of form tutors and support provided
- Pupils stressed that they felt safe in school
- Pupils spoke positively about the extra opportunities provided by staff
Well done to all.