Join Carers Wales for their first all Wales online Roadshow
In celebration of Carers Rights Day on 26th November, Carers Wales is hosting a series of online events. These events will be an opportunity to hear more about the work of Carers Wales, input into our work and access helpful information to help you in your caring role.
Morning event: 10am to 12noon
Afternoon event: 2pm to 4pm
Evening event: 6pm to 8pm
Welcome from Claire Morgan, Director including
- A re-cap and overview of Carers Wales key work areas, including an overview of our Lottery Project which is almost complete
- Carers Wales’ response during the pandemic
- Our work priorities for the year ahead
Session 1: A choice of:
- Your thoughts on Carers UK’s new Strategy 2025
- Self-Advocacy - Speaking up for yourself and who you care for
- Join us on a Welsh historical walk
Session 2: A choice of:
- Social enterprises and community co-ops – opportunities for carer-led services.
- Knowing your rights as a carer
- Music session with The Welsh National Opera
At the end all groups will re-join together. We will use the chat box to capture reflections, thoughts and questions. Wrap up and thank yous.
Me Time' is a chance for unpaid carers to do something for their own enjoyment. These online sessions, funded by the Welsh Government, are a place where carers can get involved in a range of activities and explore new opportunities that they may not be able to do normally. We will be doing all sorts of things ranging from group viewings of the great wonders of the world, to arts, music, physical exercise, relaxation and mindfulness and so much more. Find out more here: https://www.carersuk.org/wales/help-and-advice/me-time
Our weekly Care for a Cuppa sessions, where unpaid carers are invited to join us for a chat with other carers and to hear from organisations across Wales about the ways they support carers and their loved ones.
Find out more here: https://www.carersuk.org/wales/help-and-advice/care-for-a-cuppa-in-wales