I am writing to you to let you know of an exciting new mentoring and challenge programme which we are setting up at Abersychan School.
The programme is ‘Challenge 42’, a mentoring and challenge programme for selected pupils chosen from every year 8 class in the school. Pupils will receive challenges and support to help them excel in school, preparing them to achieve as many of the top grades possible at GCSE level. Have a look below to find out what it entails;
- Mentoring of pupils’ attendance, attainment and behaviour.
- Additional support if needed.
- Half-Termly parent consultations.
- We will inform parents/carers immediately of underachievement.
- Staff will communicate closely with parents to identify ways of achieving the best for the pupil.
In my new role as Associate Director of Teaching and Learning, I will oversee the programme and will be the official link between the school, your child, and you at home. My role will be to work closely with staff, pupils and yourself at home to ensure that your child is supported every step of achieving their very best at the school.
I would appreciate it if you could take the time to look through the "Documents - Challenge 42" section with your child which contains a timeline and an information pack. Enclosed is;
- One Page Profile - This will be used for me to get to know your child in more detail and offer guidance to staff in relation to lesson content and planning opportunities.
- Parental Information - This is of fundamental importance to check that the information I have is correct to ensure that there are no delays in communicating with you.
- Timeline of forthcoming events.
I’m sure you agree that this is a fantastic opportunity for your child, and I look forward to working with you. If you have any questions, please contact me on email Carl.Mclean@abersychanschool.co.uk
Mr C D Mclean
Assistant Director (Teaching and Learning)